Life Cycle Consulting
What is life cycle consulting and why should I care? Computers like every other piece of equipment require service. Like all equipment at some point they become more expensive to repair or maintain than the cost to replace. There are many factors that enter into this discussion including how the device is used and what the opportunity cost of being unusable is. For an attorney who bills at $300 per hour the cost of an hour of downtime with their PC is easy to measure and hard to ignore. For the receptionist who primarily uses the PC for email and general word processing the issue is not as clear. In general TCS recommends that you replace 25% of your equipment annually. This means the oldest equipment in your organization is 4 years old and should still be in good working order. If there is equipment that is older than 4 years TCS recommends that you label it as DNR – do not resuscitate. If the machine get a virus or has a hardware failure even if it is relatively minor we would recommend replacing the machine. Over our 25 years in business we have found that are happiest clients are those who are disciplined in their approach to replacing equipment. The cost to the organization doesn’t really change when you hold onto old equipment, you just pay it in service instead of capital expense. The real advantage of replacing 25% of your PC’s annually comes in the form of reduced downtime for users and the improved overall user satisfaction and productivity for the organization. We can help you inventory and assess the age of your equipment to help you determine how your doing with life cycle planning. Call today for a no obligation consultation. 336-632-0860
Life Cycle Consulting
Your IT Needs First
Strategic Consulting involves working with the client to determine how to use technology to accelerate their business objectives. Many IT firms focus on what options have the highest profits for them, but at TCS we elevate the client’s needs above our own and our desire is to build long term relationship that will be beneficial for all parties for many years. If the best option for our client is to hire internal staff we will help them to find the right candidate and assist with transitioning them into that position.
The TCS Difference
At TCS, we are creating a next-generation technology solutions consulting firm. As a total computer solutions firm, we design, provision, and build end-to-end Internet and intranet infrastructures that support business critical applications. TCS is different from other consulting firms in that we focus exclusively on computer technology systems and infrastructure.
Our Strategic Consulting Services
TCS begins with our standard Network Assessment, in which we provide:
- 27 Point Problem Prevention Audit
- Capacity Planning
- Security Auditing
- Alignment with Industry Best Practices
Our additional consulting services include,
- Desktop & File Management
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Continuity
- High Availability Planning
- Internet Use Policies and Procedures
We apply technology within financial constraints.
- We will deploy our teams in a cost effective manner that allows them to consider appropriate technology solutions within each business environment, based on business processes.
- We provide highly competent technology consultants experienced in the business application of technologies.
- The complete infrastructure, our teams possess deep content knowledge of the technology required in the most complex environments.
- TCS’s value proposition lies in enabling established and emerging businesses to maximize the return on their significant technology investments.
We provide experience in advanced and complex technology projects.
From the development of network architecture strategy, through design and implementation TCS has a rich history of delivering on their promises and providing excellence to the small and medium sized business market that we serve.
We have extensive experience in multi-vendor interoperability.
- With the proliferation and rapid changes of the computer industry standards and protocols, there is a clear business need to implement them in the most productive way for the business.
- We are able to assist in meeting this business need through specialization in optimizing large, complex multivendor technology.
- Our vast experience with technologies such as Microsoft, Apple, Novell, UNIX, Symantec, Citrix, Sonic WALL, Cisco and Veritas allows us to recommend and design architectures that include and optimize the vendor solutions that will provide the best solution to the specific business requirements.
- TCS utilizes a knowledge-based consulting model that is deployed through our personal touch practices.
- Our technology specialists have advanced credentials in all relevant areas of expertise.
Please contact us today by calling 336-632-0860 or click here to email us directly.