Proactive and Guaranteed
Every I.T. Vendor says that they are looking after your server but what most of them mean is “when we have a chance we take a look to see if anything is wrong”. We would call that reactive not proactive.
At TCS, we proactively monitor and manage your servers so that we can be aware of problems long before they create slowness, downtime or a server crash.
How Does It Work?
We use state-of-the-art server monitoring software tools located in a Network Operations Center in Pittsburgh, P.A. If your server has a serious problem in the middle of the night or over the weekend, we get a notice from our NOC alerting us of the problem, and in some cases we can be correcting a server issue before you are even aware that you have a problem.
What we watch for:
- Monitoring of disk space.
- Memory usage and available memory.
- Processor utilization monitoring.
- Monitoring of SQL, Exchange, and other email and database related applications.
- Checking that backups run and making sure files can be restored.
- Monitoring of virus protection software.
- Internal temperature monitoring of the servers.
- Weekly clean up of temp files from server.
- Weekly clean up of spyware from server.
- Weekly security and patch updates for the operations system of your servers.
- Monthly report on server monitoring.
Because we are doing all of this work behind the scenes, we feel it is important to report to you once a month about the overall health of your servers. Each Month you will receive an e-mail that is an Executive Summary report on the health of your servers. This will include an overall numerical grade and a graph or two showing disk space used/free and patches installed/missing. If you are utilizing our spam and antivirus solutions you will also see some numbers associated with this.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I want to thank you for the outstanding job your company did on our recent server installation project. We replaced all of our servers, so we naturally expected considerable down time, but all of our critical applications were up and running the next day, with some actually back up the same day. The minor issues we did have were expected and quickly resolved. Your staff’s dedication to our project was amazing. It was the best transition I have ever experienced in my many years in the I.T. field. It is truly a testament to your staff’s superb planning and preparation. We would happlily recommend TCS to anyone and look forward to a continued relationship with your company. –
Dawn, Information Technology Manager